Power to influence comes from the choice to be influenced.I neither seek to purvey nor purport anything in particular. Just to be,and share being. I've been fortunate to travel extensively around India and the world , as I changed professions and they changed me.The greatest of journeys, I find, happen when you plumb of your own insides. So.....come on in, I love to listen.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Is there hope with Pakistan's civil society?

Just watched "Head Start " on Lok Sabha Television where Paranjoy Guha Thakurta interviewed Asma Jahngir and Jugnu Mohsin from Pakistan.
Asma Jahangir needs no introduction as a huma rights champion of abiding spirit and Jugnu Moshin is a noted Published and Editor of News Publications from Pakistan.
They seemed to reflect the voice of Civil Society in Pakistan and communicated candidly the perceptions and resolve of the civil society in Pakistan which i thought so far only existed as a notion.
If that is so, there might be hope for sane and humane forces yet in the Sub-continent.
Power be to their tribe and may they have leadership thrust upon them.
Cheers
Arun

No comments:

Post a Comment